88 Monte Carlo LS differential

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went 6.80 in the 1/8 at 106,
i was talking about 6 in the 1/4. but yeah, sometimes they come together perfectly, and the 8.5 is a damn good axle.

megaladon6 said:
i went 6.80 in the 1/8 at 106,
i was talking about 6 in the 1/4. but yeah, sometimes they come together perfectly, and the 8.5 is a damn good axle.

6.0 in the eighth is FAST!

6.0 in 1/4 is insane fast that would be ~3.8 in the 1/8, and that can't be done in a warmed over Monte that is Pro chassis to say the least!

6.99 in 1/4 would still be 4.4 and Pro mod chassis, so yea I think you meant 1/8 for any Monte driven or built by anyone posting here.

a previous post said 6 on a 28 spline axle, i was automatically thinking the 1/4.

Well to make it clear that a Monte won't do it to go 6.99 in the 1/4 requires 2500 hp (4000hp to go 6 in 1/4). To plant anywhere near that is not possible I just want to make sure no one thinks it is possible.

I am hoping to get to 6.8 in 1/8 and I think I will fall short, not on the hp but on getting the car to plant the power and not tear the car apart. To get 6.8 in 1/8 I will need 700hp. I wish I could believe the stock differential with 28 slines would hold but IMO it is marginal.

I am leaning toward spending the money up front and putting in a 9" it is the old pay me now or pay me later and doing it over is never cheaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor