88 monte ss fuel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebronco69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
where is the fuel pump on an 88 monte carlo ss? on the frame someplace or under the hood?
thanks

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
If im not mistaken, it should be in the same place as mine, under the hood. it should be a silver cannister with metal hoses. i think......

bluebronco69

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2008
i dont know what i was typing i meant fuel filter lol,

thanks

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
that should be attached to the carb. with what should be steel braided wire. it goes from the carb to the cylinder chamber.

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
the factory hose should be black rubber. steel braided wire is an upgrade or a step above if you will. it is stronger, doesnt corrode or weaken over time, and looks wayyy better. i is basically a whole bunch of steel fibers braided together, much like a rope is, except with steel.

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
fuel pump

i don't know what you guy's are talking about!!! if your car has a quad 4 bbl carb the filter is in the carb it's behind the big nut were the fuel line goes to the carb... :?

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
yeah thats what i said. it is attached to the carb

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The factory fuel line from the pump to the carb was a one piece steel line. No rubber or braided lines.

The nuts on the line often sieze to the tube itself causing the tube to be destroyed, then replaced with rubber or braided line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor