9" ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
ARP makes a 1/2 stud that has a 5/8th knurl, I think some jeeps come stock with them
thanks for the heads up. i'm writing this down. po drilled the stock 7.5 to 5 on 5 to fit his mags. only on the rear. did not know what happened until i saw 10 holes in the axle flange.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
I currently have Convo Telstars with 5.5" of back space and have had Convo Pros, ARE's and steel Rallye wheels all on my rear with no issues with the Wilwood brake set up
i have 8 inch rallys on the rear with a 5 on 5 bolt pattern on the rear only. probably will have to buy new rallys with the correct bp.

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
I also had Wilwood 12" brakes on mine when I first put it together. The stock 15" wheels fit fine. After I notched the frame, I bought 15" Billet Specialites Street lites with 5.5" backspace and they would not clear the calipers. I ended up with a package from Aerospace Components rear Pro street set up and it cleared the wheels. The problem I had was with Billet Specialites wheel, as their only wheels that would clear the Wilwood set up in a 15" wheel was for a F-body in a 7" bs.
They told me that they use a different barrel on the 7" bs wheel.
i like the wilwood kit. they say it's race only but should be ok for the street. was talking with a couple of my race buddies last week about the e-brake option on these kits and none of us could remember the last time we used an e-brake. i know we all should use the e-brake when parked but i think the last time i used mine was the early 70's when l lived on a very steep hill.

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
Take a look at Baer, I used their kit on my wife's 78 Malibu (Strange Ford 9, by Trick Chassis). Easy install, but we did need to have the axle flanges turned down just a bit.

LVTTGHH.jpg

hfywaVC.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

denny

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2017
Take a look at Baer, I used their kit on my wife's 78 Malibu (Strange Ford 9, by Trick Chassis). Easy install, but we did need to have the axle flanges turned down just a bit.

LVTTGHH.jpg

hfywaVC.jpg
very nice setup. are the upper bars aluminum or steel? i have the 140# springs on my coil overs but have not tried them out yet.

Chevyman540

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2016
I currently have Convo Telstars with 5.5" of back space and have had Convo Pros, ARE's and steel Rallye wheels all on my rear with no issues with the Wilwood brake set up

I didn't have any problems with the factory wheels or a old school rallies wheels. I think the problem lies in the Billet Specialites 15" wheels, as their design doesn't take in the possibility of larger brakes. The only option they gave me was to use a wheel with 7" of backspace.
So what brake system you use or wheel measure, measure and measure again.

• Agree

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
very nice setup. are the upper bars aluminum or steel? i have the 140# springs on my coil overs but have not tried them out yet.

Are you talking about the upper control arms or the anti-roll bar?

David.C

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2012
I honestly can't remember??? I think they are aluminium. I bought them 4 or 5 years ago for her bracket car.

lncnMZL.jpg

Last edited:

WFO_SS

n00b
Jun 9, 2018
have you checked into the kore3 setup? you can use any c5/c6 disc brake setups with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor