90&93 chevy 4x4 project

Status
Not open for further replies.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
just picked up a new project the other night, like i didnt have enough projects already. :roll: body is pretty straight and solid except for the passenger rocker and cab corner. of course it needs paint too. engine and trans are in good shape, REALLY needs some front end parts. i havent checked the front end out yet but steering is sloppy as hell and it has a wheel bearing howling hard. still not a bad score at $700

IMG_20120427_165219.jpg

IMG_20120427_165202.jpg

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Re: 90 chevy 4x4

Looks like a helluva solid truck for $700. Im suprised it has any of the cab corners left.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana

Not a bad lookin truck. Looks like its been upgraded to the '94 up grille..cool

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010

One thing I think that really sharpens the older trucks up is putting 95+ mirrors on. direct bolt on and they seem to flow better with the body lines. Also if you didn't know pushing the E brake down just far enough for the light to come on will kill your daytime running lights.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN

ill definitely do the newer mirror swap, mostly because the ones on it dont match anyway. :lol: ill probably be hunting for a body color GMC grill for it too, just because i like that look better. i wouldnt mind finding painted bumpers for it too. im not a huge fan of chrome. first up is gonna be the front end and hub though.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN

does anyone know if the light out of the chevy grill will swap into the gmc grill? i assume they will but want to be sure before i buy a bare grill off ebay.

Justink

Greasemonkey
Nov 28, 2010

Headlights will, I believe signals do but you will need new corner lights.

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN

the corners look to be the same. ill probably get clear corners for it anyway but just wondering what the difference would be. i know there are 2 different gmc grills, ill be looking for the newer style like what was in my old 97 yukon.

dream on mcss

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2011
Oxford, MI

thats a sweet deal you got yourself there, those are great trucks. it would make a great budget bogger if thats what your going for. those tbi motors are unstoppable. keep us updated man

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN

ill probably mainly use it pull my car trailer. ive been using my 99 burb but its only 2WD and it likes to get stuck backing the trailer into the sideyard when its wet. once this beast is ready, ill probably sell the burb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor