$900 Air Cleaner Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
I'm kinda lost what does NOS stand for? but you are right the mid 80's cutlass no matter what they are aren't bringing in that kind of money yet, maybe sometime in the future but they'll never be or bring in what some of the cars can, there were too many made, too many restored, too many kept pristine, they are just way too plentiful. I think I overspent on my by putting $5000 in the motor, probably couldn't even get that back if I went to sell it.

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
N= new
O= old
S= stock

they're are 2 different types.
one is (if you can find it) are pieces that were used on assembly line, the other is something you'd find collecting dust in a dealer stock room for the last 10-20yrs.
very different items but essentially the same item, if that makes any sense.

assembly line ones will bring more money BUT they are hard to determine or prove.

Rhino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2009
Alberta, Canada
But it does include the filter, not so bad now HUH.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
rick48195 said:
I'm kinda lost what does NOS stand for? but you are right the mid 80's cutlass no matter what they are aren't bringing in that kind of money yet, maybe sometime in the future but they'll never be or bring in what some of the cars can, there were too many made, too many restored, too many kept pristine, they are just way too plentiful. I think I overspent on my by putting $5000 in the motor, probably couldn't even get that back if I went to sell it.

But how many of those air cleaners are still available brand new like that? That isn't a normal one that you would find on any Cutlass, and it would be hard to find a used one that isn't all rusty and pitted or has parts missing. To some people it will be worth it.

Rhino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I think it will get real interesting when some of the GM dealers that are closing start to liquidate their Parts Departments. Their will be all kinds of "Gems" that are sitting in Parts Inventorys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor