'91 GMC Shortbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
79wagonator said:
Question? Did you miter and weld that 3" pipe?? Or is there a bend there?
I was just wondering how it looks /works with using straight pipe mitered and welded
I saw it somewhere where dude made pie cuts to make it more smooth like 2 / 22.5 deg cuts to make a 45 bend.
BTW I like the tail pipes 8) looks cool w/ 2 fat pipes out the back..

Thanks, it is actually an "s" bend intermediate pipe off from something.

tc1959 said:
Had a 91 Chevy that same color combo with a 350 and a 700. I miss that truck it was a great daily driver.

That's about to change, stay tuned for updates!

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
As promised a little update. Didn't get as far as I wanted but I did get one hell of a sunburn. More pics hopefully this weekend.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well I didn't get anything done that I had planned this weekend, but here's a couple pics as it sits now. The paint didn't come out as good as I had hoped so it may get sanded down and re sprayed. If not then i'll just be adding a few things and calling it good. We will see.

1LOW95GMC

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
That paint looks pretty good. I also have a gmc but mine is lowered. Your truck would look great with a 94+ grill, mirrors and a smooth bumper. Are you a member of gmt400.com? Here is a current pic of my truck
20130508_190256_zpsfc121f43.jpg

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Not a member yet, not sure if I will be. If I find a deal on a smooth bumper ill grab one, if not I still need a good stock bumper. Plans still include new bumper, chin spoiler, at least a 2" drop all the way around, finish the paint, then maybe an engine swap at some point.

1LOW95GMC

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
jrm81bu said:
Not a member yet, not sure if I will be. If I find a deal on a smooth bumper ill grab one, if not I still need a good stock bumper. Plans still include new bumper, chin spoiler, at least a 2" drop all the way around, finish the paint, then maybe an engine swap at some point.
You can get a new smooth bumper on ebay for 100 $ shipped. What paint did you use?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Sadly 100 for a bumper is out of my budget for the truck. Paint is Finish 1. Single stage but i'm going to clear it anyway.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
Well I decided to sand it back down and see if I could do better. Sadly I picked a really bad day to find out, sunny and around 90* did not help. However after changing a few things, I think the black looked better than before. Problem was, I didn't stop there. I tried to do my own take on ghost flames just using a slate blue pearl. That didn't lay as good, but I think i'm done anyway. Oh well, here's some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor