95 GMC ac

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Bad4558

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
My ac finally went out on my old pickup and instead of paying a shop 800 dollars ( which is what was quoted to me) I'd figure I'd tackle it myself. I know I got to replace the compressor, dryer and put a new orifice tube in but is there anything else I would need to check or replace? Its my first time messing with an ac system but it can't be to hard. Any input on some do's or donts would be helpful.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Flush the entire system if you have a way to do it. You'll need a way to put the system under vacuum before you charge it. Air and moisture are the enemy. The receiver dryer will be capped to keep from being saturated by atmospheric moisture. Leave it capped until you are ready to put the system under vacuum. The compressor will probably have a specified amount of oil to add to the system. AC work isn't too tough if you have all the right tools -- most people don't.

1Bad4558

Greasemonkey
Nov 12, 2013
I'm gonna have someone charge it for me I was just wondering if there was any more parts I may need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor