99 Seville rear view mirror diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
www.instagram.com
Im trying to intsall this on the SS cause it has the compass, thermostat and auto dim but I need the diagram if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it. Thanks!

IIRC, 85 cutlass brougham had something similar in his 50 page thread.... think his didn't have the temp gauge though....

1evilregal said:
IIRC, 85 cutlass brougham had something similar in his 50 page thread.... think his didn't have the temp gauge though....

Yeah i just double checked mine doesnt have it either. Do you have the link for it?

finally found it!
I also put my Oldsmobile Intrigue multi function mirror in today and it works. It gives me the "C" error code, which means it needs to be driven slowly in a circle until it orients itself. This is normal and it will go away once it is done. As for the wiring, here it is for anyone who wants to do this conversion: Orange mirror wire is constant positive. I used the orange dome light wire for this. Gray is switched negative. I used the white dome light wire for this (remember: GM uses a constant hot and a switched negative for the dome light on our cars). Black-ground. I installed a ring connector and drilled a small hole under the headliner trim piece. Brown- Hot in run. I ran a wire down to it and put a spade connector on it. It is plugged in to the connector next to the A/C fuse with the 10 ga orange with black tracer wire running off it. I believe this is the power seat connector. The green wire I did not run. It is supposed to run to the backup lights in the Intrigue (actually, the transmission selector switch), but it may be a 5 volt data line and not a 12 volt. So, running it may cause the thing to burn out. Remember that about modern cars with multiplex wiring.

p.s.- 85 cutlass brougham... glad you're such a detailed person! :lol:

I pulled mirror of a late 90's Blazer with the lights and auto dimming feature. How would i wire it in? I want the lights to come on with the overhead light when i open the door Would that wiring work for that mirror as well?.If not there is plenty of Cadillac's around here so i could pull one of them if necessary...

85GPLef41 said:
I pulled mirror of a late 90's Blazer with the lights and auto dimming feature. How would i wire it in? I want the lights to come on with the overhead light when i open the door Would that wiring work for that mirror as well?.If not there is plenty of Cadillac's around here so i could pull one of them if necessary...

if the circuitry is in the mirror itself for the dimming, I think it would.. I grabbed a mirror from a late model park ave with the self dimming mirror and lights... hope the same wiring works for mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor