A/c not blowing out of vents!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Rod22

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2009
Georgia
I just got the remaining r-12 vacuumeed out of my a/c system and I converted my a/c to use r-134. The conversion worked and now my a/c works except my a/c doesnt blow out of the main vents. The a/c blows out of the defrost vents and the vents that are close to the floor but not the main vents in the dash. Air used to blow out the main vents but then all of a sudden one day they didnt work and they havent worked ever since (didnt worry bout it back then because my a/c wasnt working) but now that I got my a/c charged i need to fix this problem so i can enjoy my a/c (even though it blows out of the floor vents and defrost vents already). I want all the vents to work so my a/c will get to maximum coldness. What could be my problem??? :?:

I have an 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic by the way...

check the pinkish vacuum hose coming from the pass. side firewall by the blower box. Make sure it's connected and has no leaks/cracks.

I think this line goes to a vacuum ball, then to a small check valve, then to a manifold vacuum port.

I didnt see any pink hoses, I saw a pink wire connecting to the blower motor but thats all I saw

the hose i had was black coming from the pollution ball thing goin toward back of the motor there was a T connector i replaced all those hoses and it worked.

The vacumn operated door in behind the dash is not opening an closing could be mice or a mouse nest or a vacumn leak or the seal around the vacumn door could be rotted, I had the same problem with my 85 cutlass I had to make a seal for the vacumn door, also R134 in a old car like that will never ever cool as good as real R12, you lose 10 to 20 percent cooling especially around town stop & go which is when you need the most cooling also R134 Refrigerant takes longer to cool than real R12, on top of all that the gbody A/C systems weren't very good to begin with but real R12 refrigerant is still very readily available but you most likely need a license to get it unless you know someone but it is well worth it
Take care & good luck

dang I guess I aint gonna get this figured out no time soon lol

Mine was doing the same thing. It turned out to be the vacuum hose that went to the manifold behind the carb.

shorty74 said:
Mine was doing the same thing. It turned out to be the vacuum hose that went to the manifold behind the carb.

How did you find out that it was that hose? Did you replace them one by one until you found out which one it was?

There should only be one vacuum hose going thru the firewall. I'd start by checking if it has any suction on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor