A/c not cold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
After I quoted Ribbedroof above I did some looking online and at this point I'm not sure there's a difference in the orifice tube for R134A or R12.

I didn't realize it was so cool where you are so I thought the high side sounded low.

When the low side is low and the high side is high, there is a blockage, normally trash caught by the screen of the orifice tube.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Thanks guys, but I guess it was too cold out or something when I was having these issues. This weekend we had a heat wave in the high 90's and humid, and that air was blowing cold. Perhaps it was cold enough to keep the pressure down. Only thing I need to do now is bump the idle a tiny bit, when that compressor kicks on it drops some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor