A/G Body Long tube headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

amaylish

n00b
Jan 27, 2012
Hello everyone I have a question for the experts.
I happen to work at a header and exhaust facility and have been told if I design a set of headers on a 87 Monte Carlo they will fit any A/G body car form 78 -88. I am doubting this because something has to change year to year. I am looking for some insight and possibly a break down of differences in models. And of course whether or not this will work.

Many thanks

Ohh yeah my father has a 86 Monte Carlo SS all original mint only 22K on it. How many of you wish you had that.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Yes they should fit all the way across 78-88. As long as it's the same engine type. And also have to consider things like a/c, column shift or floor shift.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
X2 should fit all 78-87 with same motor.

Doug

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There are so many selections out there for a sbc in a g-body from very inexpensive to high end custom made sets and made from mild steel to stainless. If I were going to make headers I would want to consider the less mainstream like putting in 455 Buick,Olds and Pontiac it's harder to find nice fitting headers for these applications at a reasonable price and maybe even go with large tubes for the ones making some serious power with these engines. Just my thoughts.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
565bbchevy said:
There are so many selections out there for a sbc in a g-body from very inexpensive to high end custom made sets and made from mild steel to stainless. If I were going to make headers I would want to consider the less mainstream like putting in 455 Buick,Olds and Pontiac it's harder to find nice fitting headers for these applications at a reasonable price and maybe even go with large tubes for the ones making some serious power with these engines. Just my thoughts.

Agreed.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
amaylish,
Design a set that will fit a g-body with the factory manual transmission that doesn't need to be tweeked (read hammer dents for clearance!). Just a thought,

Doug

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
I agree. I got a set of 2455(?) Hookers for my Big Block. Wrong application, but I didn't want to have the header that wraps around the steering column I have seen. I think my next set will be hand built stainless, or I'm just gonna tube frame the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor