A.I.R availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2013
Aberdeen, North Carolina
not sure if this is in the right section or not but im trying to find the pipe that runs from the cat up to the engine (mine has rotted off) . I've tried part stores (even my own), Gbodyparts, GM, and every hole in the wall place i could find with no results....

I could easily just take it all off and plug it/block it off, but i'd kindof like to fix it back the way it originally was

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
You might have to find one in the bone yard. chances are they are in just as bad of shape though. My bet is that GM hasn't made the part for years. You might be able to make one out brake line or something similar.

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
Are you referring to the tube pictured below by the trans dipstick? If so, I have it and will be removing it soon.
paqunaze.jpg

jkey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2013
Aberdeen, North Carolina
AlamoCity210 said:
Are you referring to the tube pictured below by the trans dipstick? If so, I have it and will be removing it soon.

honestly Im not sure if it goes to that. but i'll have a look when i get home and let you know alamo.

seawolf18 said:
You might have to find one in the bone yard. chances are they are in just as bad of shape though. My bet is that GM hasn't made the part for years. You might be able to make one out brake line or something similar.

GM said they discontinued it (go figure) and those are my thoughts on the bone yard as well. i may just try to patch a section if i cannot find a remedy.

AlamoCity210

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2012
San Antonio, Tx
If its not that one it may be in the same area. I was down there trying to take of the stock exhaust and I saw a pipe running from there up into the engine bay. I'll check when I get home from work later.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
jkey said:
honestly Im not sure if it goes to that. but i'll have a look when i get home and let you know alamo.

If Alamo doesn't have what you need let me know. I have the entire A.I.R system including the pump removed from an 87' 442. It is intact and unmolested. IIRC, if your converter has been replaced, the tube you are referring to may have been cut already.

jkey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 17, 2013
Aberdeen, North Carolina
Anubis said:
jkey said:

If Alamo doesn't have what you need let me know. I have the entire A.I.R system including the pump removed from an 87' 442. It is intact and unmolested. IIRC, if your converter has been replaced, the tube you are referring to may have been cut already.

yeah mine has the original converter still. I've actually thought about buying the tube kit you need when replacing the cat. and cutting a section and splicing it back together with the kit. I haven't researched it much but it may just work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor