Not open for further replies.

bmxer_coon

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2011
Eastpointe, MI, 48021
oldtinsmith said:
pontiacgp said:
oldtinsmith said:
Early days?????.......Back in 1994?????.....Oh man are you ever making me feel old!!!!!.....I graduated from high school in 1964!!!!! :rofl:

Doug

wow, that's 7 years before I graduated and I thought I was old....thanks.. :D

:rofl:
Well, I was 11 years old when I graduated,,,Yeah, thats the ticket, what I said!! :rofl:

Doug

Well you guys are lucky, you grew up in the right time lol, Im 16 now but I wish I was born back then. Cars were so much better. Plus you could actually work on them haha, now a days you cant even see the engin half the time (without removing plastic covers ans sound dampeners

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy
There's a cruise in every Friday afternoon/night during the summer at the mall about 10 min from where I live - thankfully, it's mostly hot rods (though I've seen a new Ford GT40 & lambo sitting out there)....there's some ricers that come through now & then, but it's been going on for years with no problems or signs of slowing down. I'm just glad that it still goes on & hasn't been ruined by some jackasses who think they're hot sh*t - there are plenty of cars that come through there (esp w/slicks) that would blow the doors off any punk *ss ricers...the other cool thing is there's a police post just down the street, but the cops don't really patrol & look to give out tickets - as long as you don't do anything stupid, they'll leave you alone...

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Phoenyx said:
I see the rice and 'tuners' getting pulled over quite a bit in my city. But the real cars seem to get left alone.
Yea I see the samething around here. The cops around here are pretty cool and flexible with tickets. I do know that they dont like the loud shitty sounding exhaust which could be why the ricers are always getting pulled over lol.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
For those of you that live in ohio or michigan, every september usually the weekend after the 11th theres a show/cruise called "Cruisin By The Bay". Everyone comes out and parks on the street and then at night everyone gets in a line and cruises around town. Thats when everyone opens up the cutouts and lets it go! Its a good show but theres a small amount of ricers or people that get mixed up in the cruise that dont belong. Nothing like seeing a an old lady surrounded by muscle cars so loud you cant think!!!

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
I used to Cruise Gratiot and Woodward when I was a kid (16-19 years old) I even saw Jack Roush run his Mustang II on Woodward. I went to two Dreamcruise's a few years back, it was awesome! But now its become to commercialized. I used to cruise my 71 Cutlass Supreme when I was 16..G-Body's are one one the last body styles you can hotrod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor