About the mexican Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I like the blue paint. If I'm reading the paperwork correctly, it was originally white, correct? I'd feel pretty cheated if that blue was a factory color in Mexico, and I wasn't even alive in the '80s. lol

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Congrats on your find. As Jack has pointed out, its a cool story. Its something that I's like to do (a bucket list thing).
I wasn't aware that GM used those cars to homologate for NASCAR. I know that the SS model was a mid year 1983 introduction, and that GM introduced the SS model to homologate the body changes (the sloping nose, and the rear spoiler) for NASCAR, but I didn't know that the powertrain in the Mexican cars was used as part of the homologation process. I have an '86 GP 2+2, and as far as I know, GM only had to produce a certain number of vehicles with the aero body changes to qualify the car for NASCAR competition. That's why the street versions of the 2+2 came with the LG4 305, instead of anything more powerful.

khw1990

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
Sorry for the long hiatus! But I have good news! I got the car into the US and am now looking for a Gbody enthusiast to take her home!

Check out this thread I started on the For Sale side of the site:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54475

I love the car and I hope that someone else with GBody love will find it :D

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Just being curious, but I'm wondering why you're selling the car now. It seems like you have gone to alot of trouble to get the car back over the border from Mexico back into the States, then driving it to Philadelphia, and then investing some money into it (new tires, battery, etc). Were you able to get the car titled and registered in the States?

khw1990

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
I am going through the titling process right now hopefully it will be complete in the next week or so.

I am selling the car because my interests have changed. The car is solid but I want to move to something more luxury oriented...

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
khw1990 said:
I am selling the car because my interests have changed. The car is solid but I want to move to something more luxury oriented...
Put some Grey Poupon in the console and call it good. :mrgreen:

mustard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor