About to start my LS engine swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
image.jpg
image.jpg

Almost done with the swap. Just need to get wiring done, which i know nothing about, and little odds and ends done.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
So this is what i have learned from using the UMI Performance motor mounts, they are a little bit of a pain in the *ss, and that could be because i did not have a jack under the trans while i was trying to align the mounts on the engine with the mounts on the frame.
So i removed the old mounts on the frame and put the new ones on, which are universal for LS swaps, and i put the solid aluminum motor mounts on the block. The instructions tell you which holes on the mounts to use. Then you mount the mounts in the stock location as your old ones. I left the bolts loose on the frame mounts because they have slotted holes for the bolts. Once we got the engine in it was a little tight but everything fit very well, just dont forget to use a jack under the trans obviously.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
To be a little more specific, they mounts are universal for, i think, 3 different bodies of cars, g-bodies being one of them. Then i think they sell different ones for the C10 swaps.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
The harness, i think, is going to be more than enough.

Thank you, I have put some blood and sweat into it, but no tears.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
Once I get it running in the car I will post some videos, and some videos driving it, and probably a burnout or two.

ADentice

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2014
Buffalo, NY
how do you have your fuel pump set up?is it just mounted on the frame

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
I put a 20 gallon fuel cell in the truck and took out the spare tire. I mounted the fuel pump in the well where the spare tire used to go.

Apexweights

Greasemonkey
Mar 26, 2015
I got it started!!! First turn of the key and it popped off. Just poured a little fuel in the carb and she lit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor