MALIBU AC Compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Hey guys looking to buy a A/C compressor. Of course the hottest day of the year ! What do you think? I would love a lead .. I’m interested in GM. Seeing all sorts of numbers. Also need a go to reliable site/company. Thanks Dez

Yes it has been upgraded.

Attachments

• 0939B51A-F463-41C3-86F0-48E7E1B93AC6.jpeg
    0939B51A-F463-41C3-86F0-48E7E1B93AC6.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 85

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I installed a new heavy duty 4 seasons R4 compressor in my Regal about 4 years ago and it has worked perfectly ever since.
So maybe consider that brand also.

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
I installed a new heavy duty 4 seasons R4 compressor in my Regal about 4 years ago and it has worked perfectly ever since.
So maybe consider that brand also.
Super what was the brand and where did you get it?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Super what was the brand and where did you get it?
Mine is a 4 seasons brand, I ordered it from Amazon since they had the best price at the time but I made brackets to mount mine on the passenger side, so it is different than the one you need.

20220714_211743.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
4 seasons good. Check with Napa. My go to is AC Delco. Don't forget to replace the accumulator and orifice. May also be a good idea to flush the system. New oil and a proper evacuation and recharge with a known working vacuum pump. I ranted on another thread here regarding vacuum pumps. Living in the south you would not believe the AC's I fixed using a good pump and measuring the amount of refrigerant.

Reactions: 1 user

Dezimade

Greasemonkey
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
4 seasons good. Check with Napa. My go to is AC Delco. Don't forget to replace the accumulator and orifice. May also be a good idea to flush the system. New oil and a proper evacuation and recharge with a known working vacuum pump. I ranted on another thread here regarding vacuum pumps. Living in the south you would not believe the AC's I fixed using a good pump and measuring the amount of refrigerant.
Thanks. Great advice. Most appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor