AC Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjs

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2007
Hello all, I just picked up a really nice surpentine set up for my Elcamino, Th only issue that I will have is the AC compressor is on the pass side. any sugestions for the lines? The factory set up was on the other side.

Thanks, Have a Great Turkey day

aeroquip sells A/C specific fittings and line so you can make your own.

Olds 307, Buick 231 V6 or 305 Serpentine SBC hoses from a car with the condenser connections on the same side. It varies per year, model and engine. I would go to the junkyard and take a look at all of the GM cars. Take note of the hose positioning and length. My system is a hybrid of the V6 stuff and Camaro HO 305 and TPI stuff. I run V belts, but it took the same kind of research I just mentioned to figure out the best combination of parts. Remember to look not only at the condenser, but also at the dryer connection as this varies per year even on cars with the same engine. Also, be sure that you do not eliminate the high or low side port with your new lines. I run the small line from a TPI Camaro and an aftermarket hose set for a L69 Z-28 which had a different hose end than factory, but it was exactly what I needed. ( I took a L69 Camaro hose set and cut off the fitting from the big hose then fit it with the big end where it screws to the dryer from a LG4 Grand Prix. When I went to have the fitting crimped on, the hose shop I went to suggested we look at the Camaro line he had in stock first and it turned out to be exactly what I wanted, but I got lucky!) If I had kept the Buick V6 small hard line, I would have eliminated one of the ports. Remember that you want hose that is made for R 134a and not for R 12. R-12 hoses can sometimes swell or deteriorate in the presence of either the oil or the refrigerant ( forgot which one). You will also need the right O rings, pressure switch and dryer for the new refrigerant plus you will need to drain the compressor of the old oil and suck the system clean before charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor