Oil gauge line

A front mounted oil line like the Olds V8 requires the 5 foot line. A back mounted line on an engine, the 4 ft would easily do, if not 3 ft, depending on gauge placement.

3’ was perfect from the back of the LT1 intake to the center of the dash mounted on the bottom edge.

I rotated the fitting in the block so the braided line would connect in a vertical position. It made for a perfect stress relief 1/2 loop before swooping down and through the firewall.

IMG_4129.jpeg

I cut a section of 1/2” heater hose to use a a grommet at the firewall. I drilled a perfectly sized hole for the hose to squeeze into. I filled the gap on the inside between the heater hose and braided line with clear RTV. I also secured the hose piece to the firewall with RTV.

IMG_4123.jpeg

IMG_4128.jpeg

The length of braided line under the dash only needed one zip tie to a section of harness for a secure fit before connecting to a 90 degree fitting at the back of the gauge.

IMG_4127.jpeg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor