AC notch or relocation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Yes, Pleeeeease. lol. I would like to see the motor mount. Did your set up move the motor back an inch like most set ups do?

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
I used spohn swap mounts. You cannot use plate style mounts with a low mount compressor. The plates occupy the same space as the compressor.

Im really interested in your set up. I do have a few questions though if you dont mind.
One from the pics it looks like the Spohn set does move the engine back a little, Do you know how much?
Did you have any issue with the AC box? (obviously thats if you even have it)
And lastly did your pinion angle line pretty well?
Thanks for the info and there pretty in expensive too.

bigmandengo

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2010
Im really interested in your set up. I do have a few questions though if you dont mind.
One from the pics it looks like the Spohn set does move the engine back a little, Do you know how much?
Did you have any issue with the AC box? (obviously thats if you even have it)
And lastly did your pinion angle line pretty well?
Thanks for the info and there pretty in expensive too.

I'm glad to answer any questions..

1. The spohn mounts position in a very similar position to the 1" setback plates. I don't have any measurements based off any stock mounting points. However, I did use the same driveshaft that I was using with setback plates.

2. I did not modify or hack the HVAC box at all. If you cut off the rear coil pack mounting boss on the passenger valve cover, there is plenty of clearance.

3. I do not have any measurements to give you but I did put spacers under the 4l80e mount to raise the rear of the transmission up. This car has been 140+ and has no driveline vibrations.

I have a few more pics of the build here..

http://turbobuick.com/threads/5-3-4l80e-pt7675-81-build-10-22-137mph.432363/

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
Wow that is one sweet set up youve got. I didnt have time to read through the whole thing, I just took a quick look at the pics but I will.
Thanks for all the info.
BTW Im sure Ill have some more questions for you. I really like the gas tank set up yo did too.

eazyb

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 4, 2015
I'm glad to answer any questions..

1. The spohn mounts position in a very similar position to the 1" setback plates. I don't have any measurements based off any stock mounting points. However, I did use the same driveshaft that I was using with setback plates.

2. I did not modify or hack the HVAC box at all. If you cut off the rear coil pack mounting boss on the passenger valve cover, there is plenty of clearance.

3. I do not have any measurements to give you but I did put spacers under the 4l80e mount to raise the rear of the transmission up. This car has been 140+ and has no driveline vibrations.

I have a few more pics of the build here..

http://turbobuick.com/threads/5-3-4l80e-pt7675-81-build-10-22-137mph.432363/

Hello,

I usually lurk but I have a question about the spohn mounts. I was looking at a picture of them and to me it seems that they bolt to the frame? If, so what bolts to the block? I'm putting a 5.3 in a 85 monte running with a TH350 and wanting to use stock accessories.

bigmandengo

Apprentice
Oct 16, 2010
Hello,

I usually lurk but I have a question about the spohn mounts. I was looking at a picture of them and to me it seems that they bolt to the frame? If, so what bolts to the block? I'm putting a 5.3 in a 85 monte running with a TH350 and wanting to use stock accessories.

98-02 f-body ls1 engine mounts. I used poly ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor