AC only blows at feet and HOT! HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
You guys are making this more difficult than it is. G bodies had several variations of the "round ball" which is just an accumulator. There is (1) line that supplies vacuum to the HVAC unit inside the car. At some point, it should be connected to the engine intake manifold and from there it goes to the accumulator. The V6 set up has a bunch of lines T'd off from the main supply. Find it and make sure there is good vacuum there. The canister you're holding in your hand with the magenta and black tubes connected to it is the vacuum accumulator - there may be more than one on your car. Make sure all the lines going to and from that unit are connected properly and are not leaking. After running the engine, you should hear vacuum escaping from your HVAC control when you move the levers to different vent settings.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Call it what you want but if he has vac to the controls it makes it much easier to figure out where the problem is. The plastic lines are a big problem on our cars Im sure you have noticed this too.

cutlassonair

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2013
this is interesting
I noticed temp cable wasnt moving arms/rod very much towards cold. Here is as far as controls would move cable towards cold

I pushed the rod in further and just as soon as air started blowing cold I heard the flaps inside ac box moving. I had ice cold air coming out of the vents again!!!! here is the temp rod pushed in where cold air started working

I did notice white connector holding rod seems to get hung up on black plastic directly above

Attachments

• cold temp full 1.JPG
    cold temp full 1.JPG
    874.8 KB · Views: 473
  • working now.JPG
    working now.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 488

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Glad to hear you got it figured out. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor