REGAL Air bagged buick

1badbird

n00b
Sep 11, 2020
Hi everyone, new here. So I have an 84 buick regal limited that I put air bags and 13" wire wheels on. (I know it's not everyone's cup of tea) but looks great, lays pretty low but my problem is the front end. When the front is dropped all the way the wheels look like this from the front( //__\\ ) and stays pretty much the same when lifted all the way up. I dont really want that ( \\--// ) kind of look either. What I'm trying to figure out is what would be the most cost efficient way to fix that. My first thought was dropped spindles or just taller upper ball joints and maybe ball joint spacers. I know a lot of guys extend the upper a arms but I'm looking for a cheap and more of a bolt on solution. I'd like to get tubular upper a arms in the future but just would like to find a solution so I can cruise this summer without replacing front tires every 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Hi everyone, new here. So I have an 84 buick regal limited that I put air bags and 13" wire wheels on. (I know it's not everyone's cup of tea) but looks great, lays pretty low but my problem is the front end. When the front is dropped all the way the wheels look like this from the front( //__\\ ) and stays pretty much the same when lifted all the way up. I dont really want that ( \\--// ) kind of look either. What I'm trying to figure out is what would be the most cost efficient way to fix that. My first thought was dropped spindles or just taller upper ball joints and maybe ball joint spacers. I know a lot of guys extend the upper a arms but I'm looking for a cheap and more of a bolt on solution. I'd like to get tubular upper a arms in the future but just would like to find a solution so I can cruise this summer without replacing front tires every 2 weeks.
You need to join a lowrider forum, they would be better suited to answer you than most of us here. Oh, by the way Welcome!

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Welcome, you can't tease us about the car and not show it to us. But I also think that is the nature of the beast and something you will have to charge to the game of having a low low. When I bought mine it laid frame and did the same as yours, when I switched over the air ride setup it got rid of the camber like I wanted but went much higher than I anticipated.

Reactions: 1 user

RICKDIZZLE

Greasemonkey
Sep 16, 2014
Your best bet is to run 1 or 1.5 inch extended upper a arms. This is a VERY easy fix. You will then set your camber adjustment with shims at your chosen ride height.
Extended uppers really is a bolt on fix. You can find raw ones for not too much, that is if you dont want chrome, then you can just paint them what ever color you want.
I have 1.5" in my 85 Cutty. I am juiced running 3 ton precuts coils. I am almost positive mine doesnt lay as low as a bagged ride..but here is some idea. This first pic is fully dumped. Tons of positive camber. The second pic is almost fully locked at my liking for driving. Much closer to squared up. I leave a tad of positive camber, as when hopping, it helps the stress angle of the ball joint...you obviously wont have that issue. You just gotta play with it a tad to see what works for you.
Resized_20230222_162232.jpeg

Resized_20230222_162332.jpeg

There are adjustable upper a arms out there...I have seen some that start around $360. Just gotta do some internet sleuthing. Lmk if you have questions... I'll help anyway I can.

Reactions: 1 users

Froggys86

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2017
California
You can use caprice a arms I believe off a 86...not too sure

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor