Status
Not open for further replies.

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
jrm81bu said:
79wagonator said:
So water has no effect on the fuel you burn in your car?
OK.
Refer to what Clone TIE Pilot wrote above..

Read again. Since the alcohol absorbs the water, it is no longer is water just laying in the tank.

So after its sits in there long enough it becomes e11..e12. and so on
I'll rather use straight gas if I could get it around here especially for vehicles not used everyday and for boats..
Don't get me wrong, Alcohol is great for sterilizing, cooking, Getting sh*tfaced, and race cars..
I always wanted to make one those hobo beer can camp stoves :D

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
79wagonator said:
jrm81bu said:
79wagonator said:
So water has no effect on the fuel you burn in your car?
OK.
Refer to what Clone TIE Pilot wrote above..

Read again. Since the alcohol absorbs the water, it is no longer is water just laying in the tank.

So after its sits in there long enough it becomes e11..e12. and so on
I'll rather use straight gas if I could get it around here especially for vehicles not used everyday and for boats..
Don't get me wrong, Alcohol is great for sterilizing, cooking, Getting sh*tfaced, and race cars..
I always wanted to make one those hobo beer can camp stoves :D

What?! No the alcohol content doesn't change nor does the gas. It won't hold an infinite amount of water. There is a point where it absorbs too much and causes phase seperation, that's where the danger lies.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
79wagonator said:
jrm81bu said:
1bad79 said:
clone has it exactly right, ethanol leans your fuel mixture out

Then explain how.
He did..
look up a few posts.

Ya and I replied, that's not an explanation to me. I'm all for learning here, i'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm just not seeing it.

For the sake of argument, i'm running a mix e30-e40 right now. Now if e10 should lean me out to the point of detonation, then with my mix and 7lbs of boost I should have already turned my cast pistons to shrapnel.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
when you remove 10% of the gas and replace it with something else, there is less gas,less btu's leaner mixture, that simple, a small jet change takes care of it, this has ben going on since the 1980's its nothing new as far as i'm concerned just my 2 cents believe what you want

79wagonator

Greasemonkey
Apr 21, 2011
Long Island, NY
it absorbs too much and causes phase seperation, that's where the danger lies....
Egg Zackley!!
Btw Jrm81bu your Bu looks *ss kicking! I like the matte black, the stance, and the different than everyone else scoop 8)
Do you have any more pics of it on here?

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
1bad79 said:
when you remove 10% of the gas and replace it with something else, there is less gas,less btu's leaner mixture, that simple, a small jet change takes care of it, this has ben going on since the 1980's its nothing new as far as i'm concerned just my 2 cents believe what you want

This seems to be everyone's hang up. Less btu's does not equal leaner mixture. Two different things.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
79wagonator said:
it absorbs too much and causes phase seperation, that's where the danger lies....
Egg Zackley!!

But nobody seems to think about how much it actually takes, and that it's really not that common. And even when it does happen the water/ethanol mix drops out and the gas floats on it. So you burn the ethanol/water mix first and then are left with, gas.

Btw Jrm81bu your Bu looks *ss kicking! I like the matte black, the stance, and the different than everyone else scoop 8)
Do you have any more pics of it on here?

Thanks! Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17740#.UceICjs4uSo

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I do also like the hood scoop i'll check out your thread, i think you have to remember that these carbs are set up to run gas only and jetted for that,so when you add a filler,like ethanol that has a lower btu you leaning out the mix, when you run methanol or e85 you have to jet it up,when i was running gocarts i went from gas to methanol i jetted up...a lot up lower btu but higher octaine and more hp and it was fast! 80mph at road America that was plenty fast an a cart for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor