Alright, which one of you made it into a Jalopnik article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Well...the demographics of this forum become more apparent when it comes to things like wheels and paint color choices. Some people don't care about what a donk really is, but they lose their minds if their grand national is called a monte carlo. Well wait...aren't they all G-Bodies. Keep the same energy.

So I'll let Jake from autoweek tell you guys...

We’re guessing your first question is, “What the heck is a donk?” Let us explain.

Specifically, “donk” is the nickname for a customized 1971-76 Chevrolet Caprice or Impala. Many folks erroneously use it to describe any custom car with big wheels. To be clear, flashy wheels aren’t required, but if you want a showstopper, they certainly help.

Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I Feel like we've been over this already

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

oxide80

Greasemonkey
Sep 10, 2016
Maine
I hate jalopnik.com car posts but Google keeps showing them to me, this one I just happened to read, and the car is for sale! Only $1600!. Figured I share it with everyone.

https://jalopnik.com/someone-tried-turning-this-boring-1984-buick-regal-into-1829601425/amp

I hate jalopnik.com car posts but Google keeps showing them to me, this one I just happened to read, and the car is for sale! Only $1600!. Figured I share it with everyone.

https://jalopnik.com/someone-tried-turning-this-boring-1984-buick-regal-into-1829601425/amp

Ugh I'm a day late and a dollar short.... thanks for moving it

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
View attachment 97280

Well...the demographics of this forum become more apparent when it comes to things like wheels and paint color choices. Some people don't care about what a donk really is, but they lose their minds if their grand national is called a monte carlo. Well wait...aren't they all G-Bodies. Keep the same energy.

So I'll let Jake from autoweek tell you guys...

quoting someone's opinion to imply it is a fact of life is meaningless....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor