alternator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliCuttie

Apprentice
Jun 10, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Not entirely sure if a higher ampere alternator would be fine. For my Olds 307 my GM service manual indicates 78 Amps. Look for Option code K64 wherever your build code is on your ElCo. I have also heard that you could use alternators from later model year GM cars like from the 3400 or 3800 motors but don't quote me on that

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
100A would be fine. Although it's a good idea to enlarge your charge wire going to the battery.

RockSS

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2010
Enfield Ct
1979ratrod said:
well i was just going to send my old one out but then i saw on summit a 100 apm 3 wire powdercoated alternator from tuff stuff for less than 90 bucks
That sounds like a pretty good deal... I put the small 1 on my elky and now when i stop at at a light at night WOW the light get real dim, so yea 100 amp sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor