Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
looking for a pair olds 455 m/t valve cover are any nice upgrade from stock

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IMO way too much money for a used set of valve covers, if you want something different you could go with a fabricated valve cover.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yeah, it sucks. Edelbrock released their finned aluminum valve covers in everything, including AMC and Pontiac but no Olds. I have the Edelbrock version of the old M/T aluminum valve covers. Mine were PIA to seal. I had to glue on a set of the discontinued rigid carrier Felpro Permadry valve cover gaskets. Hopefully you can find a set, otherwise chrome or fabricated available new. The Offy ones like great, still made occasionally but are stupid expensive as well.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Even Spectre themselves are out on their site 😞
Unfortunately there is not much of an aftermarket support for Olds V8 stuff nowadays, so many out of stock items might never come back.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Boy people want big money for them on Craig’s list. Muskegon Mi. listed some. A pair outside of Denver,Co. (made by Holley). A guy outside of Detroit has 3 different sets one looks factory?? Probably not but…
Did find a Pontiac 421cid duel quad by Edelbrock listed
IMG_4511.jpeg

• Wow

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor