Am I asking to much for my Regal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monte7carlo9

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
WA State
Hello guys, I've been trying to sell my 1980 Regal Limited around my area for awhile now and everyone seems like I'm asking to much for it. I just like to get your guys opinion. I've been asking $2700 for it. Thanks.

The good: no rust, body fairly straight,Great running 5.0, new water pump,battery,recent brake pads and shoes.recovered headliner,factory options, power windows,locks,drivers seat,antenea,trunk release,rear defrost,map light,AC,cruise,aluminum rear drums,plush carpet.I have the stock hubcaps but not the wheels.

After market parts: K&N air filter, 40 series Flowmaster with new piping, Autometer water temp and oil pressure gauges,electric fan, Suspension Techniques 2 inch lowering springs,tinted windows, alarm that rolls windows up and down and opens trunk, CD player.

The bad: AC needs recharged, antenea doesn't go down, vinly top needs to be redone. interior plastics flaking from sun damage,Has a dent behind the passenger door near wheel well.

Link to pics and vid. http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll10 ... or%20Sale/

023.jpg

006.jpg

010.jpg

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
I'm not good at putting a value on a car but your car is really nice and in great condition from what I can see in the pictures...

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
i would say 2500 for that car is what its worth assuming it runs and drives great and that it rides smooth.

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
You are just running in to the same dilemma everyone else is who is selling a car these days. The economy is el-stinko. The car is probably worth every penny you are asking for it, but people just don't have the cash for cars right now, especially a car that would be more of a summer car/cruiser rather than a daily driver. Your options are to either lower the price if you really need to get it sold, wait and hope you get lucky, or hang on to the car and sell it when things get better. Seriously, there are old cars out there for sale right now that have been sitting around for months with prices one third of their book value.

-UT-

monte7carlo9

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
WA State
Thanks guys for the replies. Uncletruck you are exactly right i only drive it during the summer myself. I would like to sell it to put some money into my 79' Monte but I don't want to go lower then $2300 on price. I just wanted a second opinion because everyone that either calls or comes and see's it seem to offer me around $1700 right off the bat. Hopefully it will sell soon with income tax time here.

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
keep saying the same thing. ive been waiting for a month to sell my atv. had tons of people intrested, but no takers. Ill trade you? lol asking about 2200 for my atv, figure its worth 2000

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
car looks pretty good. $2700. is less than I see people ask for cars not near as nice .... but I might be cheap. If I drove the car and really liked it. I'd probably make a slightly lower offer. I wouldn't drop the price a grand like you say people have, but I'd say $2100. - $2200. CASH and leave you a business card with my cell phone number. Mind you, I've seen people ask a lot more but I come from the school of "don't pay the asking price" ... you can always negotiate .... if I can save atleast $200 - $300. dollars ... well the car might need tires - it's money I can invest back into it.

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
cars looks nice... but IMO.. the interior looks dated as does the top..

you might get a better response if you swapped in GOOD panels..

the top looks kind of grungy.. try some "spray 9".. and then a load of amorall.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
crappycutlass said:
cars looks nice... but IMO.. the interior looks dated as does the top..

you might get a better response if you swapped in GOOD panels..

the top looks kind of grungy.. try some "spray 9".. and then a load of amorall.

heh look at that ... I was just looking at seats and carpet .... vinyl is a tad rough

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
I think you're asking a fair amount, keep in mind, if they're a dime a dozen in your area then you may have to lov=wer the price. If it were me I would keep it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor