Am I the only one ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
My 78 Cutlass 5 speed is all original. May do some bolt on tweaking but no major mods are going to be done.

Attachments

• IMG_20180502_163323692.jpg
    IMG_20180502_163323692.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 190
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Other than for the drive home I don't think I have ever kept a Gbody stock for any length of time.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Yes still have the 442. That one is tastefully modded though.

Reactions: 1 user

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
Am I the only one here that actually bought my "G" [ was an A body when new ] body car as a used transportation car a long long time ago and is keeping it TOTALLY STOCK ? The original full wheel covers chewed up the original wheel rims from radial tire flex and were replaced with small caps and wheel trim rings and chrome headlight visors were added - just a bit away from full stock.

The car still looks the same as it did a long time age when I bought it [ I am the second owner ]. It has always been garaged and the Pacific Northwest is not yet winter salt country. The car drives as new and the V6 has enough power for my driving [ non electric control carburetor ]. My state still checks emissions on all cars from 1975 - which is rather stupid !

Randy in Portland, OR
Heck No, I have an 85 GP that is 100% stock and I am not going to modify it in any way !

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
Am I the only one here that actually bought my "G" [ was an A body when new ] body car as a used transportation car a long long time ago and is keeping it TOTALLY STOCK ? The original full wheel covers chewed up the original wheel rims from radial tire flex and were replaced with small caps and wheel trim rings and chrome headlight visors were added - just a bit away from full stock.

The car still looks the same as it did a long time age when I bought it [ I am the second owner ]. It has always been garaged and the Pacific Northwest is not yet winter salt country. The car drives as new and the V6 has enough power for my driving [ non electric control carburetor ]. My state still checks emissions on all cars from 1975 - which is rather stupid !

Randy in Portland, OR
Heck No, I have an 85 GP that is 100% stock and I am not going to modify it in any way !

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I'm not going to add much to this thread. The car looks clean. STOCK is only good for nostalgia purposes. It shows all the defects these cars were made with, gutless, poor handling, braking, breathing (intake and exhaust). Other than a GNX , nobody will ever pay mountains of money because its STOCK.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Other than a GNX , nobody will ever pay mountains of money because its STOCK.
And many of those clean low mile original Gbodies end up being bought and then highly modified so all the new owner has to concentrate on is adding power, braking, handling, etc.

• Agree

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
That's a big part of my point. Keep it nice for the next owner who won't want to pay alot due to all he or she has to put into it to make it better. Almost 2 years ago I payed $3,500.00 for my 79 stock Calfornia El Camino that was rust free. So no sheet metal expenses. I'm looking at almost $8,000.00 to replace the OLD ORIGINAL engine, trans, rearend and things like radiator that you don't want to trust a 39 year old rad on a $3,500.00 engine and an $1,800.00 trans. Then there's still the suspension, brakes and front steering that all need replaced. I for one sure wish the previous owner had done some improvements. I wouldn't have to work 6to7 days a week to buy what's needed to improve the ORIGINAL flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor