AN Cooler Line Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Anyone use 6AN lines with a stock radiator ? I have a leak at the transmission end. These were prebent TH350 SS lines from Inline that I tweaked to fit the TH400 in my 81. Its leaking from the line, not the threads. I was thinking about having someone rebend a set of steel lines but its probably so much easier to just use SS AN line and I probably have enough in the extra parts pile to do it. I also have a set of AN fittings for the transmission end. Just not sure about hooking them up on the radiator side. Anyone using AN line with a copper/brass radiator ? If you did can you post a pictire of how you hooked it up and routed the lines at the radiator side ?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Anyone use 6AN lines with a stock radiator ? I have a leak at the transmission end. These were prebent TH350 SS lines from Inline that I tweaked to fit the TH400 in my 81. Its leaking from the line, not the threads. I was thinking about having someone rebend a set of steel lines but its probably so much easier to just use SS AN line and I probably have enough in the extra parts pile to do it. I also have a set of AN fittings for the transmission end. Just not sure about hooking them up on the radiator side. Anyone using AN line with a copper/brass radiator ? If you did can you post a pictire of how you hooked it up and routed the lines at the radiator side ?
I think I have a picture on my computer that might help.ill dig it up tommrow.

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Anyone use 6AN lines with a stock radiator ? I have a leak at the transmission end. These were prebent TH350 SS lines from Inline that I tweaked to fit the TH400 in my 81. Its leaking from the line, not the threads. I was thinking about having someone re-bend a set of steel lines but its probably so much easier to just use SS AN line and I probably have enough in the extra parts pile to do it. I also have a set of AN fittings for the transmission end. Just not sure about hooking them up on the radiator side. Anyone using AN line with a copper/brass radiator ? If you did can you post a picture of how you hooked it up and routed the lines at the radiator side ?
i don't know if this will help but..I'm not using a stock copper/brass radiator but the fittings into the tank are similar(same 37 degree shape to accept o.e style hard lines) so the application from one to another is transferable.I'm running an external cooler along side the internal one that's why there's more than two hoses shown.this pic is three radiators ago and I'm yet to have an issue with the lines/fittings.the radiators on the other hand..
P1010087.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
i don't know if this will help but..I'm not using a stock copper/brass radiator but the fittings into the tank are similar(same 37 degree shape to accept o.e style hard lines) so the application from one to another is transferable.I'm running an external cooler along side the internal one that's why there's more than two hoses shown.this pic is three radiators ago and I'm yet to have an issue with the lines/fittings.the radiators on the other hand.. View attachment 204654
i don't know if this will help but..I'm not using a stock copper/brass radiator but the fittings into the tank are similar(same 37 degree shape to accept o.e style hard lines) so the application from one to another is transferable.I'm running an external cooler along side the internal one that's why there's more than two hoses shown.this pic is three radiators ago and I'm yet to have an issue with the lines/fittings.the radiators on the other hand.. View attachment 204654
Looks like you ran the lines along side of the motor ? I was thinking of attaching them to the inner fender similar to what 565bbchevy did.
Thanks for posting that picture ! It looks like you ran the lines along side the oil pan kinda like the original hard lines ? I was thinking of attaching them to the inner fender like 565bbchevy did on his car. Nothing on that inner fender so theres plenty of room plus it looks like a pretty straight run from the transmission. Plenty of room between the lines and the header. I have a bunch of extra hose ends. Might even have a 90 for the upper fitting. Looks like I just need to figure out the two adaptor fittings at the radiator and buy two billet line seperators.

1660481222521.png

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It looks like you ran the lines along side the oil pan kinda like the original hard lines ? I was thinking of attaching them to the inner fender like 565bbchevy did on his car
For my Monte because of the BBC and my huge headers that also have a primary tube going the frame rail on each side, mounting my 8AN trans lines out of the way from the engine and exhaust was the best choice for me and because I am bypassing the radiator it is a straight shot to my trans coolers etc.
If I was running both lines to the radiator, I would probably run two 90's so I can secure the lines as far forward as possible and then split them going to the cooler.
IMG_1411.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor