Another CCC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

86cutlassrules

Greasemonkey
Dec 12, 2008
The engine is almost ready and I am laying everything out in the car now, and I am left with a few Questions. For those who don't know my car is an 86 and the previous owner threw a 403 in the car and hacked up all the under hood wiring. I found a good harness and have started putting everything back. I am left with a few questions.
1.) I have headers now, where is the best place to mount my O2 sensor? I was thinking the right side header in the collector or close to where the exhaust pipe meets.
2.) I have 2 wires for temperature one when grounded moves the gauge, and the other makes the idiot light go on. Is one of these for the computer? Do both of them have to be hooked up?
3.) My oil pressure sensor has the same set up one Idiot light wire and one gauge wire, also when grounded the oil gauge reads 0 when not grounded it pins, is that right?
4.) Is there a good chip to buy for the computer so I can get a little better of a timing curve and better fuel mix? Ive heard of the hyper tech but I'm not sure.

Im really close to finishing the car up so the more info I can get the better.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
That would be a fine spot for the O2 sensor. Mine fit great in the trash can. :lol:

If you want both the light and gauge to work, then yes, they both need to be hooked up. Neither go through the computer.
Same with the oil pressure.

Can't offer any advise on a chip...

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor