Another Crossmember question (jegs brand)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Summit/G-Force
26890260343_large.jpg

My Jegster
26890260122_large.jpg

thats for the replies,Did you guys have to drill holes in the frame to bolt up the x member?That's my main concern,I don't want to drill extra holes in my frame.

Minion1186 said:
thats for the replies,Did you guys have to drill holes in the frame to bolt up the x member?That's my main concern,I don't want to drill extra holes in my frame.

I didn't

i have a jegs crossmember for the 700r4. im not to happy with it but im not sure if its the cross member or my exhaust set up. i have a pypes x pipe system with pypes downpipes off the factory manifolds, on the drivers side it goes through the hump just fine, but on the passenger side the pipe is kicked towards the outside of the car and doesnt sit in the hump kinda just misses it. i heard after buying it, that it was designed to be used with certain dynomax headers and the jegs exhaust. it holds the trans in for now and the exhaust aint draggin so i can deal with it. id rather have the g force, and when i do headers i will most likely swithc it out for one

Iceman crossmember, I really like it; it is well made and light.

Attachments

• 78 malibu exhaust 005.jpg
    78 malibu exhaust 005.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 1,936
Not sure of jegster but the g-force did not require any holes to be drilled, however 79-83 years require you to buy an additional frame extension piece with the g-force crossmember that costs another $30 due to some frame difference. Nevertheless no drilling holes is required with any of the crossmembers to my knowledge and no floorpan fab either.

84cutspreme said:
Not sure of jegster but the g-force did not require any holes to be drilled, however 79-83 years require you to buy an additional frame extension piece with the g-force crossmember that costs another $30 due to some frame difference.

Just to clarify, on the '78-'83 years, you will need to drill the frame to mount the extension piece. But on Minion's car, he should have no problems just bolting it up.

Nevertheless no drilling holes is required with any of the crossmembers to my knowledge and no floorpan fab either.

Floor pan mods depends completely on what condition your body bushings are in. I had to beat my floor pan for clearance of the old G-force unit I had.

84cutspreme said:
Not sure of jegster but the g-force did not require any holes to be drilled, however 79-83 years require you to buy an additional frame extension piece with the g-force crossmember that costs another $30 due to some frame difference. Nevertheless no drilling holes is required with any of the crossmembers to my knowledge and no floorpan fab either.

I've got an 83 and I didn't need that frame extension. Mine bolted right up in place of the Jegster x-member.

Qdub24 said:
I've got an 83 and I didn't need that frame extension. Mine bolted right up in place of the Jegster x-member.

The frame extension is for a TH-2004R/TH400 not the TH-350. The crossmember sits further back, actually straight across on the frame on a car with a TH-2004R.

TH-2004R/TH-400 crossmember with extension:

GF5.gif

TH-350 crossmember:

GF2.gif

I apologize if I mislead anyone, I have only installed a g-force 700R-4 & 200-4R crossmember in an 84 & 87 cutlass with no problems & a jegster in a 79 malibu with a 350 trans. Seen Iceman installed in an 84 Regal. Other than that just what g-force states on there website. The website states that the frame extensions are needed for the 400, 2004-r & 4L80's from 78-83. No personal experience with the frame extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor