Another exhaust question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Before I go and crank out the bucks, I want to know if I should just get a walker sound fx muffler which runs about $40, or is it worth it to spend the extra dollars and get a flowmaster or magnaflow (which run about $100 each) from summit? I like the sound of all if them, I'm just wondering if quality is gonna be worse on the walker.

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
joesregalproject said:
Before I go and crank out the bucks, I want to know if I should just get a walker sound fx muffler which runs about $40, or is it worth it to spend the extra dollars and get a flowmaster or magnaflow (which run about $100 each) from summit? I like the sound of all if them, I'm just wondering if quality is gonna be worse on the walker.
walker is basicly just a stock replacement.summit and jegs have their house brand flowmaster knock offs for cheap.I have used the jegs and it sounds alright,better than just glass packs.

Reegal

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
gwhiz said:
walker is basicly just a stock replacement.summit and jegs have their house brand flowmaster knock offs for cheap.

x2.
id go with the flowmasters. although i think magnaflows just as good.

magik420

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2012
Boise ID
The walker is just a stock 'er, you wont get much performance sound from it. But if you go with a thrush or dynomax turbo muffler it will give you a performance sound and is reasonably cheap. if you Go with a flowmaster, magnaflow, or cherry bomb muffler they will give a great performance sound. Magnaflow is a straight through muffler that uses packing and kind of a thin stainless steel metal. Flowmaster uses baffles placed like v's inside and uses an aluminized steel case. Cherry Bomb's are like the flowmasters but are built stronger and come powdercoated in a strong steel case. all 3 are usually pretty close in price, check em all out.

vonclod

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2012
Delta B.C.
i really like the flowmaster 40,s myself

Jshock

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2013
Port Orchard, WA
I had a knockoff set of flowmasters in my elky and they were great! And not to mention half the price. They were from IMCO and I think the model name was something like bulldog. It was a single in single out and they weren't crazy bulky. Like 50$ each! Tech I still have them. I had to remove them because my neighbor called the cops for a noise complaint (grumpy old b*st*rd)

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Knock off flow masters would be fine as would any of those mufflers mentioned above, other than the stock replacement type. you would not be happy with those. Check out the company websites & listen to the sound clips & find what suits you. Also, check out Jones exhaust company, they make alot of performance mufflers & are very reasonable. They're also made in the USA! Summit sells their products, check out their website too. I've got their 9 inch glass packs on my car, nice old school sound.

tk76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2013
Town of Tonawanda,NY
As long as the muffler is welded together it lasts long. After that its personal choice, unless you are looking for every amount of hp. On ebay there are flomaster 40s knock offs for about $60. Thats for 2 mufflers and I think shipping. I have them on my daily and they sound the same as flowmasters. Also holding up to the salt on the roads in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor