another German Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I love your car! Welcome from Iowa. All this talk about UMI lowering springs has me a little worried. I have two inch drop spindles on my car right now and they lowered it three inches. Little too low for my liking. I have a set of UMI two inch lowered springs and blazer spindles. I planned on changing too. I also have a six cylinder so that adds to my problem. I really don't want to do the job twice to get the ride height I want. Sorry I will not be much help to you. I am more of an engine guy than audio guy.

H33ZY

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2019

H33ZY

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2019
I love your car! Welcome from Iowa. All this talk about UMI lowering springs has me a little worried. I have two inch drop spindles on my car right now and they lowered it three inches. Little too low for my liking. I have a set of UMI two inch lowered springs and blazer spindles. I planned on changing too. I also have a six cylinder so that adds to my problem. I really don't want to do the job twice to get the ride height I want. Sorry I will not be much help to you. I am more of an engine guy than audio guy.

Hey Zach! Thank you!

After i had the 2 inch springs from UMI i also though about just putting in 2 inch drop spindles with them since i wasn´t happy over the outcome.
I´m pretty sure that would´ve had the effect i was looking for in the first place. But i didn´t want to spend money on something again where i didn´t know if it would work out, thats why i got the 3" OPGI springs instead. I cant really give you any advice other than - you probably have to do it twice anyway. In the UMI Post someone said something like "if you want everything to be a perfect fit at the first try, you might have choosen the wrong Hobby" :D
Especially in this case its always trail and error cause you never know what might be the perfect setup.
If you don´t want to drop to low, i´d probably go with the Blazer Spindles and 1 inch springs.

But again, keep in mind that you might have to do it twice if you want it to be perfect. It´s better to have this thought in mind rather than beeing suprised if it doesn´t work out. I still hope for you that it will be perfect the first time ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Martin S.

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
They sure are!! Now the car sits exactly as its supposed to (y)
I was worried that the car might drop to much, thats why i had the UMI 2" springs first.
But, you grow with your mistakes - i guess.

yeah well, it gets me from point A to point B and even the Autobahn is doable with 75-80mph.
Sure, a 350 or even a LS would be fine .. but .. not in this life.

Moin Moin Martin, thank you!
Are you in G-Bodys Germany on FB?
Moin Henry, hope you´re fine. no I´m not on FB, because I´m not a friend of FB.

Reactions: 1 user

H33ZY

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2019
Moin Henry, hope you´re fine. no I´m not on FB, because I´m not a friend of FB.

Hey Martin, i´am thx, hope you´re well too!
You´re not on FB? Hm, we have 2 guys named Martin in our G-Bodys germany Group - thought you might be one of em.
One hase a Black 85 Buick Regal (Turbo) and his last name also starts with S .. and the other Martin is From HH like you :unsure::LOL:
thats why i thought you might be either one of them. Well, nevertheles - nice to meet you!

If you are interessted - thats a map i´ve created with all G-Body Owners we know https://goo.gl/Sf4iDs

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor