another new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRestoGuy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2017
Hi All, I'm Alex.

Here is my new to me 1983 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS. This was my dads car, but due to life events he decided it was time to pass it on to me. This was the first car I turned wrenches on and learned how to do more than just general maintenance. I caught my Hot Rod bug here, working on this car with my Dad. My Dad was an Engineer at an aircraft company when he was working on this car. He worked a lot of hours and didn't really have time to turn his own wrenches to build this car, but still wanted a street machine. Because of this, he decided to employ some "hot rod shops". I want to say 3 shops worked on it other than him and I turning wrenches on it in the garage. Because of this, I've named this "Project Fox Model", or just 'Fox Model" ; but P.F.M. ..... that works out pretty good and is quite funny if you understand what I'm saying here. ;) .

The Alpha model was from GM, Bravo model was when my Dad worked on it for the first few years of owning it. Charlie, Delta models where 2 other shops that worked on it. The Echo model (not used in production aviation aircraft due to it being associated with experimental use aircraft only)..... the last guy to work on it, rightfully so, earns the "Echo model" designation. Some of the quality of work that I've seen that is associated with this guy... well lets just say he took this nice car and made it into a total death trap. This guy is also suppose to have an aviation A&P license. Now I have the car, which will be the 6th person working on it and their vision of how the car is suppose to be, so it's now the "Fox Model". So I guess a 1983 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS F ?

I've built a 1964 C10 which is more of a Hot Rod (carbureted, big block, 5 speed manual), a 1987 Rx7 TII with an LS1,T56, Ford 8.8 swap that looked factory, still working on a 1957 Cadillac Coupe de Ville that I've turned into a mostly forged motor that I plan on making single or twin turbo with a 4L80e in it, and now I'm working this thing. I'm a little burnt out (all this in the past 7 years) jan16a.jpg driversint jan16a.jpg passenger jan16a.jpg engine left jan16a.jpg engine right jan16a.jpg what not to do jan16a.jpg . But I hope to make this car into a nice driver that takes turns better than it did before it met me. I also want to make it dead reliable.

The below pictures is how this thing started about 2 years ago.. I should start a build thread as a lot has changed since these were taken.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Greetings from dirty Jersey by all means start a build thred. Cleaning up after those whom came before us can be a full time job to say the least. The truck I'm driving has been 2 years of that . Good luck I'll be tuned in

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
Hi All, I'm Alex.

Here is my new to me 1983 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS. This was my dads car, but due to life events he decided it was time to pass it on to me. This was the first car I turned wrenches on and learned how to do more than just general maintenance. I caught my Hot Rod bug here, working on this car with my Dad. My Dad was an Engineer at an aircraft company when he was working on this car. He worked a lot of hours and didn't really have time to turn his own wrenches to build this car, but still wanted a street machine. Because of this, he decided to employ some "hot rod shops". I want to say 3 shops worked on it other than him and I turning wrenches on it in the garage. Because of this, I've named this "Project Fox Model", or just 'Fox Model" ; but P.F.M. ..... that works out pretty good and is quite funny if you understand what I'm saying here. ;) .

The Alpha model was from GM, Bravo model was when my Dad worked on it for the first few years of owning it. Charlie, Delta models where 2 other shops that worked on it. The Echo model (not used in production aviation aircraft due to it being associated with experimental use aircraft only)..... the last guy to work on it, rightfully so, earns the "Echo model" designation. Some of the quality of work that I've seen that is associated with this guy... well lets just say he took this nice car and made it into a total death trap. This guy is also suppose to have an aviation A&P license. Now I have the car, which will be the 6th person working on it and their vision of how the car is suppose to be, so it's now the "Fox Model". So I guess a 1983 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS F ?

I've built a 1964 C10 which is more of a Hot Rod (carbureted, big block, 5 speed manual), a 1987 Rx7 TII with an LS1,T56, Ford 8.8 swap that looked factory, still working on a 1957 Cadillac Coupe de Ville that I've turned into a mostly forged motor that I plan on making single or twin turbo with a 4L80e in it, and now I'm working this thing. I'm a little burnt out (all this in the past 7 years) View attachment 85697 View attachment 85698 View attachment 85699 View attachment 85700 View attachment 85701 View attachment 85702 . But I hope to make this car into a nice driver that takes turns better than it did before it met me. I also want to make it dead reliable.

The below pictures is how this thing started about 2 years ago.. I should start a build thread as a lot has changed since these were taken.

Welcome from Long Island, NY......this car has great history and memories tied to it. It’s cars like this that will consume us and stay with us for a long, long time. Looking forward to your thread !

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor