Another new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
My name is Tony and I grew up loving 80's cars and especially G bodies. Absolutely love Grand Nationals and T types. Montes and Oldsmobiles. Regular old cutlass's made more muscular. Love em all. Problem is I never had one and I am looking to get something preferably a project. Currently I have an F body that is highly modified so I need to make room in the garage first.
If I can get a Grand National or similar I would probably do all the speed tricks but leave it mostly factory in respect to engine and trans. If I get something like a Monte I think I really would love a big block. BIG block!
Any how I really like this place and I might get annoying to some of you with crazy questions in the future so I'm going to say a preemptive "thanks" ahead of time!

Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The key to not going overboard with a GN or T-type is following simple rules:

1) only buy an 1986 or 1987. Avoid the earlier years, they are not for beginners, and no matter how much of a "good deal" one seems, they are not.

2) buy the nicest car you can afford, it will be much cheaper in the long run

and most important:

3) If you buy a stockish '86-87 Turbo regal, be happy with near stock 12/high 11 second 1/4 miles. There are easier ways to go low 11's or quicker than starting with a stock block Buick V6 (like a LS V8).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor