Another New member!! - Columbus ohio here 88 Monte LS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2008
Columbus Ohio
hey there just sayin Hey... I bought my 88 Monte Carlo LS 2 years ago from a towing yard who was going to have the car junked and crushed.. I found it to be a little unusual from the sea of common SS's so I picked it up cheap and got to work....

from the factory it was ordered as a V6, bench seat, column Shift, No power locks, No power windows, No cruise, No Air-conditioning!.. the only options were AM-FM radio, intermittant wiper and tilt wheel.... the wheels were the base botom of the line wheel covers..

its bottom quarter panels are a little rough and so are the rockers however the floors, trunk, and frame feature nearly No rust! the bottoms of the doors are also fairly clean with just a bit of surface rust.

The car now features, dash overlay, digital instruments, Sanden Conversion Air-conditioning (factory looking inside the car), new carpet, new headliner, all repainted interior plastics, new door panels, bucket seats, and Floor shift.

under the hood sits a bored 0.030 over 350 with Ported heads, Performer RPM intake, holley SA670 carb. 8 qt oil pan, crane cam(234/244 with .488/.510 lift),crane lifters and springs as well...

exhaust is long tube headers with true duals running under a Gforce double hump crossmember and through flow 40's with SS style tails

the transmission is a beefed up 200-4r(kevlar band, extra clutches on 1-2 and 3-4.. hardened sungear shell, sonnax servo, GN governor and aftermarket Throttle valve.

rear end is a 7.625" with eaton Posi and 3.73 gears...

wheels are 15" vette rallies running 225/75R15 Eagle GT II tires...

many improvements are to come. but just thought id say hello.. now on to get my website done so i can post some pics./ but beware the body is not yet pretty... thats the next phase..
-Christopher

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Sounds nice dude. Welcome to the forum. Got any pic's?

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
welcome to the site! sounds like a very interesting car from the factory

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
ahah

his car is a clone of mine remember guys same options I mean to say no options haha. The way I see it less sh*t to break. He has better floor boards then mine though, I dont have my headliner fixed yet either. What did ya pay for yours. I payed 1750 dollars for mine and have done virtually no repairs to it, I guess the 78K on it helps, Almost 9K miles on it and no problems as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor