MALIBU Another One Bites the Dust

O. D. Showtime

Royal Smart Person
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of the Malibu I found at the wrecker today. It's an 81 and quite rusty...

It's a bucket/console car...

I pulled a few parts and might go back for the buckets...I'll have to see.

Ribbedroof

Royal Smart Person
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Kick panels / inner seat belts any good?

O. D. Showtime

Royal Smart Person
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Kick panels / inner seat belts any good?
Brian the car was so full of crap...I did take a quick look and wasn't happy with what I saw. Inner belts had no plastics on them.

I'll be getting back to these ones again...not sure when but I'll check them out.

Farthest away is the burgundy interior...actually so is the middle one...it's a bucket seat car too.

Ribbedroof

Royal Smart Person
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
And they say Australia is the land of plenty...looks like Canada is the land of plenty.....Malibus

Thanks for keeping me in mind!

melloelky

G-Body Guru
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i agree w/Brian,i can't tell you the last time i saw a g-body let alone Malibu in a junk yard.good for you Kevin.

O. D. Showtime

Royal Smart Person
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
And they say Australia is the land of plenty...looks like Canada is the land of plenty.....Malibus

Thanks for keeping me in mind!
i agree w/Brian,i can't tell you the last time i saw a g-body let alone Malibu in a junk yard.good for you Kevin.
The three are privately owned he wants sheet metal and suspension...I can pull anything else. He is suppose to be adding another one as well. I'm hoping it's there the next time I go.

Ribbedroof

Royal Smart Person
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Looks like all 3 are Landaus, as well as the first one?

pagrunt

Royal Smart Person
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
The buckets that would of matched my back seats. I never see '81 cloth maple buckets down here.

O. D. Showtime

Royal Smart Person
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looks like all 3 are Landaus, as well as the first one?
Yes all four cars are Landau cars....seems to be all I can find right now....and I have requests for non Landau rear plastics...

The buckets that would of matched my back seats. I never see '81 cloth maple buckets down here.
I wish I could ship stuff like that without having to give em an arm and a leg to pay for it. I'm not a color expert...did Chevy have Maple in the early years or was it Claret?

pagrunt

Royal Smart Person
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
I wish I could ship stuff like that without having to give em an arm and a leg to pay for it. I'm not a color expert...did Chevy have Maple in the early years or was it Claret?
'81, '83, '84 They used dark maple (same color/fabrics) as did the other 3 divisions.