Another one from Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

3G's

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 26, 2007
Taber Alberta, Canada
Good day all! Love the forum so far, lots of handy info. I recently purchased my thrid G-body (hence the user name) a 78 Monte. My first G was also a 78 Monte and when I ran across this one, I couldn't pass it up. It's burgundy (like my first) with a white bucket seat interior. Not a big fan of the white, but I'll deal with it for now.
The car came with no engine which means I'll have to finish the 350 I started building 6 years ago. Nothing major, maybe (very big maybe) 300 horse. Might go with 3.23's in the rear and a mild stall in a beefed up th350.
Im also planning to make the car handle like a roller skate. I'll post pics as soon as I can find the time. Nice to be in a Monte again!
Oh, my second G-bosy was a 78 Cutlass. Burgundy to. I must have something for that color, my wife and I just bought a new Kia and it's the same color as the new Monte. Weird.

Cheers!
Stacey

SBCregal

Master Mechanic
Jan 22, 2006
Nice! welcome aboard.... how close to Calgary is Taber, AB??? I'm moving out to Calgary next month and have been looking for some gbody people out there.

Ryan

3G's

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 26, 2007
Taber Alberta, Canada
I'm about 2 1/2 to 3 hours south. I'm in Calgary constantly as my in-laws live 10 minutes north in Airdrie. I also used to live in Airdrie and one of the managers of the Canadian tire had an insane 81 Malibu. Don't know if he's till there though. Check out Race City Speedway when the drag season starts. Lots of G-bodies at the track!

3G's

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 26, 2007
Taber Alberta, Canada
Well holy hell, nearly 2 years since I've been here! The Monte project got put on hold for this long due to personal reasons, but went out to where she was sitting today and drug it home!

Nice and straight!
DSC07532-1.jpg

White (gag) interior
DSC07533-1.jpg

My son posing with the new toy.
DSC07547-1.jpg

Plans haven't changed at all, well built small block, lot's of handiling upgrades and get rid of the pimpin' white interior! Have to put the other project (62 Beetle) on hold for a bit as the Monte could be on the road a hell of a lot quicker than the bug.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
well welcome back to the site, can't wait to see the progress start on the car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor