Another Wheel Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoney667

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 11, 2012
Delaware, Ohio
Okay if you do a search for what wheels fit on a gbody you get 5000000 different answers. I cannot make a decision on what backspacing i'm going to need. I see people say 3.5 is what you want, then 4 is what you want then 4.5.

I want to run an ET Street 275/60 15 without rolling my fenders or anything like that. So do I need a 3.5 or 4. I'm pretty sure 4.5 won't work maybe i'm wrong.

Lets get some REAL answers in here lol

Thanks

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
After 20-30 yrs of use and abuse, clearances have changed, modifications have been made, and what may work for one car might not for another, even if they're the same model. As far as a I know 4.5" of backspacing is about the max for most G-bodies w/o using spacers and/or frame notching.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
4.5 is max on the back, 4.25 on the front, again all depending on the size tire you use as well but I know 4.5s will hit the tie rod in the front.

Factory 15x7 SSIIIs are 4" BS
Aftermarkets are 4.25" BS so they should fit up front.

I've run 255 60 BFGs on the back and 235 60 on the front with stock 15x7 SSIIIs with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor