AntiClunk spring or Case saver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugan

Greasemonkey
Jun 15, 2011
Which is better and why? From what I found online, the case saver is a last resort for a bad case. But would this be good to install in a fresh build? its 0.88$

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
what are your referring to?

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
Quite honestly ive never heard of a Anticlunk spring or case saver. So you might as well be speaking japanese to me. LOL

techg8

Master Mechanic
Feb 29, 2012
The anticlunk spring absorbs the shock through spring action, lessening the beating that the aluminum case takes.

The case saver is a Last ditch fix for a case that is pretty shot in that area.

I have used the case saver piece to avoid a failure on a beat up case, and had no issues with it - still running a couple years later.. It distributes the shock load over a lerger area and onto part of the case that is still solid, not about to break off. However, being a solid steel piece it has no spring-like shock absorbing qualities.

If your case is beat, showing wear enough to make you think about using a case saver then its probably a good bet you should use one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor