antifreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people; Do you's have a opinion on it using it with a alum. rad?
IBY

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
Don’t do it

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
glowing GIF by Cheezburger

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Go with the universal, long life coolant. It is nice, if you have a hose blow, you can through in whatever Joe Smoe's gas and bait shop has on the shelf. I have had 0 corrosion issues with aluminum intakes on iron blocks with aluminum rads, running for years.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
explain if you don't mind?
I wouldn’t do anything that the radiator manufacturer didn’t recommend. Have you asked them?

Asking a question like that on a forum is going to get you hundreds of opinions.

I personally use anything that has the word ‘antifreeze’ written on the container in my expensive aluminum radiators. My choice is solely based off of what has the lowest price.

I hope that helps your decision.

Reactions: 3 users

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I did a quick search for my rad. (griffen) they recommend to use a Evans product. I never heard of them.
IBBY

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I only use water it’s what does the cooling
Antifreeze will only raise the temperature of the waters boiling point under pressure and lower the freezing point of the water and it’s easy for the tracks employee to clean up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor