Sep 30, 2018
Pre mixed Prestone 50/50.

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
In my turbo Buick, I run Pre mixed Prestone 50/50 glycol-water + RMI25 in my Alradco aluminum radiator . Absolutely no issues other than it runs almost too cool . 🥶👍

Prolonged application of the patriot pedal to the freedom floor will surely fix this.

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't buy the premixed, a gallon of concentrate + gallon of distilled water = 2 gallons of 50/50 mixed...you get twice the amount for a few dollars more

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
In my turbo Buick, I run Pre mixed Prestone 50/50 glycol-water + RMI25 in my Alradco aluminum radiator . Absolutely no issues other than it runs almost too cool . 🥶👍
hi: It's been years since I changed coolant. How often do you?
IBBY

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Go with the universal, long life coolant.

Which exactly? There are several that claim to be both universal and long life. (True, most of them do NOT claim to be mixable, but still, it's a confusing jungle out there ....)

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Which exactly? There are several that claim to be both universal and long life. (True, most of them do NOT claim to be mixable, but still, it's a confusing jungle out there ....)
I usually use our Coop's Sonic brand Global long life coolant. The other brand I usually get on sale and you will actually find is Prestone All vehicle long life coolant, supposedly good for 10 years. I have mixed it in various vehicles with no bad effects. I have mixed Prestone with Toyota's red coolant in a 1996 Toyota Tercel with 0 bad effects. When green and Dexcool are mixed, it literally makes modeling clay, not a pretty site. I mix it with the deionized water which is supposed to reduce corrosion and works as a battery top up as well, 50/50 up here due to -40, it is sold on the shelf beside it.

Last edited:
  • Agree

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I checked my records and my AF has been been in since 2010. I will be changing it this spring. Maybe do the control valve, 180 stat, reprogram..
IBBY

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
hello people: I checked my records and my AF has been been in since 2010. I will be changing it this spring. Maybe do the control valve, 180 stat, reprogram..
IBBY

are you in the Air Force?.... :popcorn:

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor