Any other factory suspension upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
Looks good. I would keep a look out in the yards for a 3rd Gen Trans Am/Fomula/Z28 36mm Front sway bar and Straps/bushings. These are hollow and weigh about 1/2 of a 32mm G-body bar.
There are a decent amount of them around here. Weight isn't a huge concern for me thats why I didn't get too picky. Do you think the slightly larger hollow sway bar would make a noticeable difference with what all I already have? I can't see it helping much more but I do like the idea of the weight saving

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I swapped in a Z28 bar myself many years ago when I also put on Hotchkis lowering springs (previous springs were worn out stockers with cheap parts store spacers inserted), a stock rear sway bar, and a pair of F41 bars (didn't have the GP cross brace up front yet, have one now though). I don't know how much difference each individual part made, but it feels like it's on rails compared to when I first bought it (old springs, tiny sway bar, worn out body mounts, rusted out frame, etc.).

We're in the process of building a barn, and soon as it's car-ready I'll get that sucker in there and get back to work on it (clutch issues + other things left to do before it's really road-ready).

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
Yeah that's where I'm at now. Al new suspension and braking system. I can't wait until spring time to see how she really rides. I need an electronic vacuum pump and install my bucket seats. My car throws you all over place with nothing but a flat seat to hold you in

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor