Anybody got one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car Junkie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2009
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Dented piece of trim on my wagon that I'd like to replace if anyone here has one. For that matter does anyone know how it comes off?

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,208
I think you might get a better response if you posted year, make, model, etc etc.. bro
Just guessing, it might be held in with clips and you may be able to fix that piece if you can get it off.

Sorry. 1982 Olds Cutlass Cruiser, driver's side molding under the window. Maybe the correct term is belt molding? I've heard that it might be Olds only too.

I think you might be right about it being an Olds only part. It is probably held on by clips. I would remove it and carefully try straightening it. Although it may not come out perfect, it might not be as obvious looking as it appears now.
Good luck!

Yeah I was thinking it may come to that. Oh well, a little tin knockin' this winter won't be so bad I suppose.

Tony,
A small plastic hammer and various small pieces of wood might do the trick. If I'm not mistaken, those moldings are soft aluminum. So you'd have to go slowly and gently. I think it's definitely doable.
It still couldn't hurt to continue your search for a replacement though.

Will do. I'll keep looking but keep my small hammer ready just in case.

I have access to a pretty decent shape olds wagon in a wrecker about an hour from me...not totally sure when I can get there next and they're not open on weekends :? I will be taking the week of the 20th off I could try and get there.

Kevin

Well, if you happen to get there and take it off keep me in mind. Hopefully they wouldn't ask a ton of money for it and shipping wouldn't be a billion dollars.

did you get it off yet? cuz i was thinking there would be some glue, or two-sided tape holding it on in addition to clips. And fixing it wont be too hard, its soft thin aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor