Anybody got one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't touched it yet. I messed around with it once and it didn't want to budge but haven't gone any further with it. Maybe this weekend I'll poke around with it.

you probably need a putty knife, or some really thin blade, and heat wouldnt hurt either. if you couldnt get it to budge at all without really forcing the issue, its probably got an adhesive of some sort.

I'm thinking they use the same style clips for the lower chrome panels on doors. Have to tried to gently push the molding out from the window side to see if it moves. If it does then there you should be able to lift the outer edge out of the clip. One thing you might want to do is to check with the dealer and ask if they have the clips for that molding so it'll give you an idea what your working with. Even if the dealer doesn't they'll still have the parts on the computer that you could take a look at....

I have the parts and illustrations book so that would probably be a good place to start to get an idea of involved. Thanks for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor