Anyone do SCCA racing? I want to use the new to me 87 4spd vette for it

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
As the title states,

I live in Erie and we have a local group, Misery Bay SCCA group who races at Lake Erie Speedway. First meet up is May 4th. I do need to get new tires but just wondering what all else I should probably prep for it.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Watch a few YouTube videos on autocross. Your car has to look mostly road worthy~ tires that don’t look sketchy, battery hold down, etc. My regional group requires a Snell rated helmet, but they have a few loaners- if you have a head sock that might be a good idea. Be prepared to take everything “loose” out of your car ~ floor mats, sunglasses, drinks, etc. Wear or at least take a hat, sunglasses, rain jacket? Maybe snacks or lunch and drinks if the concession stand isn’t open.

Reactions: 1 users

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
Watch a few YouTube videos on autocross. Your car has to look mostly road worthy~ tires that don’t look sketchy, battery hold down, etc. My regional group requires a Snell rated helmet, but they have a few loaners- if you have a head sock that might be a good idea. Be prepared to take everything “loose” out of your car ~ floor mats, sunglasses, drinks, etc. Wear or at least take a hat, sunglasses, rain jacket? Maybe snacks or lunch and drinks if the concession stand isn’t open.
thanks for that. Kind of what I was looking for. Someone who has done it before. I dont do youtube as I would rather ask real people who have done it and can ask questions. Hope you get what I mean. Cars empty so good there. Should be sunny so yeah hat etc. Good plan.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
The Youtube suggestion was just to get an idea of the process of registering, walking the course, working the course, lining up in the grid, effective driving practices, etc. If you have a buddy that will be participating, that should help.
I think this guy gives a decent rundown:

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor