Anyone else kinda tired of "One of ***" claims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I stopped watching the stupid expensive auctions on TV. Ultra Rare Cosmetic Queen Sally Pink Gremlin with ultra rare 6cyl option with a 3 spd column shift. Yeh even the bozos who narrate these shows actually believe this stuff. My 87 SS is the only one with the super rare white ext with Claret bucket seat interior and tilt wheel :O)

see2xu

Apprentice
Nov 30, 2008
Greensboro NC
Yeah, back in the day, one of my work colleagues had an '80 Cutlass Calais with the diesel, automatic, T-tops, Rocket II wheels, buckets, temp-controlled air, and power windows. This was in Ottawa, Canada, so whether it was "one of one", or not, it's almost certainly now reincarnated as three Hyundais or Toyotas.

At least he was comfortable as the cyclists pulled his headlights out at stop lights.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I like the ones that say their car is rare because they don't make them anymore and you don't see that many around. Then they point out the obvious by saying that Pontiac, Oldsmobile, etc are no longer producing cars so it will become even rarer.
If that's the case, I have a rare '74 Ford Pinto. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I have a rare 81 Malibu...2 actually. They only made them for one year, you know! :LOL:

• Love
  • Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Now what about the ultra rare one of none? My L48/4 speed '81 Monte Carlo SS (or Yenko depending what changes I make as I go along) must be worth close to a cool million (pesos).

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
This was in Ottawa, Canada, so whether it was "one of one", or not, it's almost certainly now reincarnated as three Hyundais or Toyotas.
Reincarnated. Good one.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I don't mind hearing or reading the rarity aspect of our beloved vehicles, but Id like to hear how they came to that conclusion more so. People can say anything, but until it can be proven, and only then, is the information worth hearing about.

Reactions: 1 user

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
I don't mind hearing or reading the rarity aspect of our beloved vehicles, but Id like to hear how they came to that conclusion more so. People can say anything, but until it can be proven, and only then, is the information worth hearing about.
They Google it, if it's on the internet it has to be true. Bonjure

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor