Anyone have Mcbay performance spacers reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
After putting in my new 5660 front coil spring i am sitting level with my new cc627 cargo coil springs . These mcbay performance spacers start at 1/2" to 3" and sit on the rear end and the coil spring sits on them. Looking at the 1/2" or 1" to give my car just a bit of rake to get the stance i like. Has anyone used these or feedback on this type of spacer.

Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Not specific to this site or its products, but I had to put a set of 1" spacers in the rear of the Cutlass after installing my 2" drop springs... the rear went down way too far, and needed bringing up to "look right," like you say. Works great, in '19 drove 1800 miles to Cleveland and back with them in, they didn't pop out or anything. I mean its basically a chunk of metal that sits between the frame and the spring and that's literally it. Like moving the spring mount points down 1" lower. didn't affect handling that I can tell, but then my gears and 307 don't let me throw it around very hard lol.

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I had a similar situation as GP403 where I put lowering springs in but it was too low so I used this style spacer to raise it an inch.
1618353736365.png

Reactions: 3 users

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I had a similar situation as GP403 where I put lowering springs in but it was too low so I used this style spacer to raise it an inch.
View attachment 173003
Yes that is the style i am looking at. Mine was perfect after doing both springs but my sub box dropped it down to level

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Yes that is the style i am looking at. Mine was perfect after doing both springs but my sub box dropped it down to level
The Mcbays you listed show a similar style that is open on top but I didn't see a GM listing only Ford.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
The Mcbays you listed show a similar style that is open on top but I didn't see a GM listing only Ford.
I actually had to enter the vehicle look up to get the gm page to open. The link is just the home page

Reactions: 1 users

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I'd knock a half coil off the 5660's. I know it's more work than a spacer under the rear spring, but that always seems sketchy to me.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I'd knock a half coil off the 5660's. I know it's more work than a spacer under the rear spring, but that always seems sketchy to me.
I did trim a 1/2 coil off the 5660 fronts, the rears are new and everything looked perfect (slight rake) until i put my subwoofer box in the trunk. And it dropped it down to level. Just looking at gaining back what i lost when i put the the subs in

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The ones I bought worked well and they fit right over the factory mounts snugly (nothing sketchy IMO ) , for me this was to fine tune the ride height while keeping the BMR rear lowering spring.
And since I haven't modified my rear springs if I decide to lower the car more I can simply remove the rear spacers after installing lower front springs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor