anyone have problems with the dynomax blackjack headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skife

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2006
cedar springs, mi / Lima, oh
p/n 289-85012 through jegs.

i bought 'em and had to bang on the collectors with a hammer for a little bit to get them to fit over the starter, a little weird to me, i dont like them at all, so i'll probably end up getting long tube headers.

i have them on my 83 supreme but didnt have any problems with them
what kind of engine are u running?

I bought the Hooker long tubes and have had no problems so far. Just letting you know in case you go long tube.

i have flowtech long tubes and had to jack the drivers side of the motor up to get the left one on.

83cut350chev said:

350 chevy.

i wont have the problem of poor fit for long, i'll soon be making a set of headers that go forward with T4 flanges on them. 😀

The starter on a 350 is different then on a 305 maybe that has something to do with it. I have the dynomax headers on my car and had to jack the engine to. They slid into my old regal with the 305. they were tight but they went in.

skife said:
83cut350chev said:

350 chevy.

i wont have the problem of poor fit for long, i'll soon be making a set of headers that go forward with T4 flanges on them. 😀

yea i have the 350 chevy setup too but mine went right in with no problems at all
im not sure if having a high torque starer would maybe help the headers clear but

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor