Anyone have weird people to come buy their car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87ttop

Master Mechanic
Jan 8, 2011
chattanooga, tn
I have sold many cars I started when I was 14 and I have had buyers that will not look under the hood or even checked the reverse some people even Find out about dual exhaust and its a automatic sell they don't care if its v6 or v 8 they just want the loudness some young guys in my neighborhood think any gm v8 with dual exhaust is a 350!

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
Do you guys thinks its rude to reply to a car Ad and go take a look if intrested and then decide you dont want it? or is that wasting someones time?

BuickOldsPontiac

Master Mechanic
Oct 14, 2011
Sterling Heights, MI
YGspider said:
Do you guys thinks its rude to reply to a car Ad and go take a look if intrested and then decide you dont want it? or is that wasting someones time?

No. Once you get there you may see something that changes your mind. That's all right, it happens. In most cases, I wouldn't make a final decision before I saw the car. It would only be rude if you where never really interested in it in the first place. At least in my opinion....

woody31

Greasemonkey
Feb 5, 2012
reading this makes me worry,, i am bout to meet a guy who says he wants LUMPY,, my elcamino after several e mails only thing he asked so far is what motor and trans is in it and condition of interior??????
hope he brings 3500.00 cause thats what it takes,, you couldnt build it for that price,,,,,wth,,,, 8)

Nozer

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
Macedon , NY
i had this guy come look at my truck to buy it.. he was super talkative. had a goatee like zztop, sunglasses and about 3 teeth total.. finally after much talking he bought it so i offered to drive it to his place if he would drive me home before i turned plates in.. well i got to his place an you had to walk around beer bottles and cans in every corner of his garage.. he had a nice cj jeep parked in there too..full of beer bottles..walked into his foyer and there were literally 50 cases of beer stockpiled!! :friday: He grabbed 2 cold beers grabbed his keys and cracked one open while getting behind the wheel to drive me home asking me if i wanted one too.. I dont drink so i was like no thanks and i would appreciate it if you left the open beer home and DO NOT DRINK with me in the car. :blam: . oh his car was full of beer bottles too..couldnt wait to get home , he smoked the whole way too..longest ride ever home. I felt bad for my truck but the 2750 in cash made it worth it.. lol

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Nozer said:
i had this guy come look at my truck to buy it.. he was super talkative. had a goatee like zztop, sunglasses and about 3 teeth total.. finally after much talking he bought it so i offered to drive it to his place if he would drive me home before i turned plates in.. well i got to his place an you had to walk around beer bottles and cans in every corner of his garage.. he had a nice cj jeep parked in there too..full of beer bottles..walked into his foyer and there were literally 50 cases of beer stockpiled!! :friday: He grabbed 2 cold beers grabbed his keys and cracked one open while getting behind the wheel to drive me home asking me if i wanted one too.. I dont drink so i was like no thanks and i would appreciate it if you left the open beer home and DO NOT DRINK with me in the car. :blam: . oh his car was full of beer bottles too..couldnt wait to get home , he smoked the whole way too..longest ride ever home. I felt bad for my truck but the 2750 in cash made it worth it.. lol

I know people like that. I'm related to many of them. :rofl:

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
about 4 years ago i sold a 86 monte ss to a kid down the street. I wanted 2,500 but told him i would take 2,300 cash but he insisted on 2,500 so i said sure its your money. about 2 weeks later he came back and said the t tops flew off the car and wanted me to pay for another set for him. i told him no way , not my fault he didnt lock them down.but feeling bad for the kid i told him i would find him a set but hed have to pay for them.so with that out of the way he came back again about and said the car is in the shop and would cost 400 dollars to have new rocker arms put on and wanted me to pay for them. first of this kid was a litte off if you know what i mean. so i had to explain to him the shop or who ever was trying to screw him and showed him paper work on the motor shwing him it was a rebuilt motor with abou 20,000 miles on it.after that i saw this kid slowly beat this car to death such a shame.luckily they moved about 6 months of running the car into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor