Anyone here ever heard of a W72 engine option for 1980 GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I've seen worse. That little Mercedes with the "Kompressor" badge? I was in a shop and the guy showed me the battery mounted up against the pass side firewall, the computer jammed in right next to it, and the "Kompressor" right there under it all. YIKES! Talk about heat soak! The shop guy's take on it all was "overpriced crap".
Sometimes you have to wonder if these engineers convey while drinking to come up with some of these "great" idea's of there's lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've seen worse. That little Mercedes with the "Kompressor" badge? I was in a shop and the guy showed me the battery mounted up against the pass side firewall, the computer jammed in right next to it, and the "Kompressor" right there under it all. YIKES! Talk about heat soak! The shop guy's take on it all was "overpriced crap".

You're thinking of the r170 class slk? Power retracting hardtop?

We've got one of the later (2002) versions in the 3.2 v6 configuration, no "kompressor" in keeping with my predominantly "no-turbo" attitudes of k-i-s-s.

Bought it as a cpo car in Vegas with 19k on it, now it's up to almost 50k over the past... I guess 14 years.

This was when I got it, only pic I've got handy without limping to the garage... looks the same though.

1658768039118.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor